Learn all about where you can get targeted traffic in this comprehensive guide.
Tired of spending hours managing advertising campaigns, only to end up with high ad spend costs and low conversions?
You’re not the only one.
Getting traffic is one thing, but getting targeted traffic is a different ball game, which is why we’ve put together this handy guide to help you get started.
Think of it as your traffic cheat sheet: you can reference it any time as a refresher on the basics of targeted traffic, why it’s important, and how you can get it.
Let’s get started.
What is targeted traffic?
Targeted traffic is the most valuable form of traffic an advertiser can get. The term “targeted traffic” describes people who intentionally click on an ad because they believe it can solve a problem, answer a question, or offer a product or service they need.
What’s so great about this type of traffic?
Targeted traffic is special because these visitors are highly likely to convert.
Unlike non-targeted traffic, these visitors have a specific goal that they believe your product or service can satisfy, leading to more conversions.
For example, a person who visits amazon.com and searches for “portable steam cleaner” is far more likely to convert than someone who visits the website to look at the latest deals.
Where can I get targeted traffic?
There isn’t any one-stop solution that generates targeted traffic, but there are plenty of free and paid tools that you can use to get it.
7 Free ways to get targeted traffic
It’s unlikely that any of these tools will work perfectly alone, but combining these free options into a mix of marketing channels to drive targeted visitors to your site is a great way to get started.
- On-page SEO: High-quality content that offers value to your audience will increase your rank on Google search results, getting you more website visitors from people who are searching for something related to your business offering. Remember, take special care to include SEO essentials like meta tags, descriptions, titles, etc.
- Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO refers to all the things you do outside of your website to improve its search engine rankings. This includes backlinks, reviews, posts you’ve written on other platforms, brand mentions, and even social media activities.
- Email: Email marketing is one of the best ways to stay in touch with your most active customers, and also helps you get highly-relevant traffic. Provide useful information and links to your website, product, or service in your newsletters, so your customers can easily convert again and again.
- Social media: Possibly the most popular free marketing tool out there, social media is a great way to drive targeted traffic to your product or service. Use Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, or even Whatsapp to promote your blogs, products, or services. This way, you can turn highly-relevant followers into loyal customers.
While all these channels have awesome upsides, they also have drawbacks.
It’s important to remember that each of these methods will require time, effort, and expertise to get the targeted traffic you want. Even then, it’s not always certain that these methods will result in conversions.
To get the best results, do your research into each channel, its relevance to your audience, and how you can use it to successfully reach them.
3 Paid ways to get targeted traffic
If you have the budget for it, and you’re ready to go bigger with your marketing efforts, there are some paid options that will help you get the targeted traffic you’re looking for:
Google ads: Google offers a range of advertising solutions for businesses, including Google Search ads. With Google Search ads, you can pay for your product or service’s website to show at the top of search results for specific keywords.
Social media ads: Pretty much every social media platform out there offers advertising solutions. With this style of advertising, you’re paying for your business, product, or service to show up in relevant feeds. Like Google ads, you can specify the type of audience, interests, and keywords you want to target with your advertisement. The only difference is that social media advertising like Facebook generally offers more psychographic data for targeting.
PropellerAds: We can’t talk about targeted traffic without mentioning our very own platform! You can use PropellerAds as a platform where you can buy highly targeted traffic from tested, verified sources.
With a suite of settings and features that offer demographic and psychographic targeting, you can refine your targeting by specific interests in any business vertical, and even segment by age and gender. What’s even better is that we have the latest fraud detection tools that make sure our traffic is always safe, high quality, and highly relevant.
With PropellerAds, you get targeting that is as advanced as Google and Facebook’s solutions, without compromising on cost, quality or technology.
2 Methods of acquiring targeted traffic to avoid
Let’s be real here – getting targeted traffic is hard. If you discover a method of getting targeted traffic that seems too good to be true, it probably is. Here are two methods to avoid like the plague:
- Instant traffic generators: Nobody can instantly generate highly targeted visitors that will immediately convert. Most likely, these sites are using bots.
- Cheap traffic sellers on online marketplaces: A lot of sellers on marketplaces like Fiverr will promise that they can send tons of targeted traffic cheaply, but don’t be fooled – it’s never going to be the quality and relevance you need for conversion. Usually, it’s fraudulent and risky.
What if I need to generate niche traffic?
Do you operate in a niche vertical? Or are you uncertain if the products or brands you promote need niche traffic at all?
To ease your worries, let’s start by defining what niche traffic is.
Niche traffic is just like regular targeted traffic, but it’s specifically tailored to your own niche.
For example, say you want to promote a new dating app, then you should be looking for traffic that is specifically interested in topics related to dating, relationships, romance, and love. As you may have guessed, niche traffic is even more targeted than targeted traffic, and has the power to drive a high level of conversions.
To get that niche traffic, you’ll need to use a method that gives you access to a large inventory of audiences that meet those specific criteria.
Luckily, PropellerAds can do exactly that. Our tools and targeting capabilities are as advanced as big players like Facebook and Google, but our policies are less severe, and our traffic is more affordable without sacrificing quality.
You can find the exact audiences that are interested in your niche – whether it’s dating, finance, sports, e-commerce, or anything else – the options are endless when it comes to our demographic targeting!
What’s even better is that you can refine your targeting with an advanced suite of settings. For example, PropellerAds’ platform has the ability to segment your audience into age and gender-based cohorts.
It’s no secret that advanced interest-based and demographic targeting can increase conversions and PropellerAds makes it easy to do just that!
So, if you want to reach that niche, target audience of yours with greater accuracy and at a lower cost, then PropellerAds is the right choice!
How can I choose the right traffic source?
Finding the right traffic source isn’t easy. It’s going to take time and research.
Luckily, I’ve put together this handy checklist so you can check if your potential traffic source meets the criteria for generating high-quality, targeted traffic:
- Traffic quality: The source offers high-quality traffic that is tested and verified by the latest fraud detection technology.
- Cost: This traffic source is affordable, with reasonable costs and a strong potential for positive ROI.
- Targeting options: I can target my chosen audience with demographic, psychographic, and keyword-based targeting technology.
- Reach: This traffic source can reach a large number of customers and potential leads.
- Niche specificity: This traffic source will specialize in my niche, meaning I’ll get highly-relevant and interested customers.
- Analytics: This source offers comprehensive analytics so I can optimize my campaigns when necessary.
If your traffic source meets the 6 criteria listed in that checklist, then you’re on the right path toward getting the targeted traffic you want.
That’s a wrap on targeted traffic!
So, there you have it, folks. Targeted traffic is pretty much the holy grail of advertising! By now, you should have a pretty good idea of what this highly coveted form of traffic is, why it’s important, and where you can get it.
If you want to increase leads, conversions, or sales, you know this is the traffic type you need to reach your goals.
And whether you’re planning to use a free marketing channel mix or go big with paid solutions, just know that all it takes is time, a little bit of effort, and the right traffic source to get there! Good luck!
Join our Telegram Chat to meet our friendly community!