Email marketing is a great way for you to boost your affiliate earnings. Affiliate email marketing is built on recommendations. The basic idea is to become a trusted source of information for your audience. Your campaign’s success is measured upon the open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate.
This guide will discuss how to run effective affiliate email marketing campaigns. We’ll discuss how to position yourself as a trusted source of information and share tips that will help you boost clicks, conversions, and earnings.
Keep Your Audience Excited With Different Emails
If you want to engage your audience through email marketing, you need to share content that aligns with the various stages of the customer journey. There are lots of different types of emails that you should use. Here’s a quick recap of the most important types of emails you should be sending.
1. Emails of welcome and thank you
Welcome emails have the highest engagement rates from any type of email. You should use your welcome email to introduce your audience to your brand and share relevant information about your company (or a brand you promote). You can also use them to promote affiliate offers.
Make your welcome emails memorable by including freebies, your YouTube videos, or a blog post. Or, as Neil Patel did in his Ubersuggest welcome email, you might compile a list of all the suggested items that they would love.
Of course, you should consider the basics of an effective welcome email, such as the following:
- It should begin with a personalized greeting and what to expect from you. Setting expectations is crucial as it will help people understand what you’ll be sending.
- Send four to six emails as part of your welcome email series. Through the sequence of emails, you can share a range of information about your business.
- Let recipients know how to unsubscribe from your emails. Email providers such as Gmail may classify your email address as spam if too many people who aren’t interested in your content mark you as such.
- Ask your subscribers to whitelist your email.
- Invite them to follow you on your active social media accounts. Increasing the number of touchpoints will help you create a connection with a person faster.
When creating a welcome email, focus on increasing your credibility and making your subscribers desire more of what you offer.
2. Content Emails
Don’t fall into the trap of only sending affiliate marketing emails to your audience. You should share various types of content, such as blog post content, freebies, and more. Varying the type of content you share, and ensuring you provide value to your audience, will maintain those high open rates.
You should monitor how people engage with your content as well. A survey is a great way to engage with customers and gather feedback.
Take a look at this email from Michelle Schroeder from Making Sense of Cents. In the email, she shares an article about a course that she is supporting as an affiliate. The email provides a link to an interview with the course founder.
This approach is less direct than trying to sell the course. Rather, Michelle is educating her audience. She can still earn money through the content that she is sharing with her audience, but she’s varying her approach.
3. Relationship-Building Emails
Before someone buys through your affiliate links, they need to trust that you know what you’re talking about. So, you need to establish your credibility first. Make your subscribers believe you understand their issues and are committed to providing a solution that will benefit them.
The example below is a great source of inspiration. Jess is a designer who gives tips to fellow designers. At the end of the email, Jess gives her own advice:
Send an email to your subscribers two or three times a week with helpful, beneficial content in it. Here are three elements you should consider when writing relationship-building emails:
- The writing style: When you send emails written in a casual tone as if they were from friends or colleagues, for example, it positions you in the reader’s mind as someone they know well and have a personal relationship with. So, emails with text and an occasional photo or video may help you develop deeper personal relationships.
- Storytelling techniques: Instead of dry, factual, and statistical content, use stories about yourself or dealing with clients.
- Personalize your responses: Go out of your way and respond to your subscribers. That strengthens their loyalty and motivates them to leave positive reviews.
Be brave and discuss some of your failures and what you’ve learned from them. That will help you develop a stronger personal relationship.
4. Promotional and Sales-Oriented Emails
As an affiliate, your main goal is to promote a product and generate sales. So, promotional emails must have a place in your email sequence checklist. A smart strategy would be to send promotional emails twice a month at first, then weekly.
You don’t need to focus on the product or technology itself. You can center your story around a person and highlight real-life experiences. In other words, use reviews for social proof.
Emails with gift guides, giveaways, seasonal campaigns, and others have also been proven to be successful ways for selling or promoting.
Use proven email sequences
If you want to increase your affiliate earnings, consider utilizing email marketing sequences. Sending several emails over a series of days about a promotion you are running is a proven way to boost your affiliate earnings.
There are various types of email sequences that you can use. If you’re running a time-sensitive promotion, for example, you should send an email on the first and last day of your promotion. That is when most of the sales for an offer will happen. You can send more than two emails, of course.
The key to sending multiple emails for a promotion is varying the type of emails you send. Examples of sales emails that are effective include the Frequently Asked Questions email, testimonials email, and time running out message.
Use countdown timers to create a sense of urgency
Countdown timers may give your subscribers a compelling reason to “buy now” because they generate a feeling of urgency (see what I did there). They provide your subscribers with a visual indicator that if they don’t take action now, they’ll miss out.
Countdown timers are easy to add to an email. You just need to add a line of code to your template, and they’ll appear in the message. They are free to use as well. Here’s a list of some of the best options.
To make target countdown timers effective, you must combine an honest sense of urgency with valuable information. Don’t overdo it, or customers will begin to lose trust in the product you’re promoting.
Increase the value of your offer by including bonuses
Exclusive bonuses can help you stand out from the competition and boost conversions. They might include ebooks, movies, audio files, or even physical products. There are three main ways to get bonuses:
- 1. You may ask the product’s creator for bonuses. Product creators want to help affiliates in selling as many of their products as possible. As a result, they could already have bonuses for that product.
- 2. You may create your bonuses and give them away. You don’t have to make them from scratch; you may reproduce previous material into a product. Maybe you may convert some of your videos into an ebook or a single video.
- 3. You may use PLR (private label rights) products which are a type of resell rights products. These items are the ones you pay fees for and then sell or give away as bonuses. It can be articles or videos.
It’s also a great idea to set up a bonus page and direct your subscribers there. Instead of sharing your affiliate link directly in your affiliate email marketing, you send your subscribers to a landing page where you promote your affiliate offers, as Stripo has done in this email.
Bonuses may be an excellent motivator for your subscribers to increase their spending and get a bonus. As an example, suppose your affiliate product is a course. You may provide a course as a bonus. If your subscribers buy four classes, they’ll get the fifth one free, for instance.
Email marketing is one of the most effective channels for maintaining communication with your audience. You can use this channel to boost your affiliate earnings, too, if you apply the right strategy.
This guide discussed various methods you can use to boost your affiliate marketing income. You learned about the importance of using a variety of emails, including countdown timers to add a sense of urgency to a message, adding bonuses, and using email sequences to sell to your audience. By applying the tips in this article, you should see a jump in your earnings.
Want to discuss this article with fellow affiliates? Well, we have a nice Telegram chat… just saying…
Disclaimer: Please note that this article was provided by one of our guest authors, and the views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of PropellerAds.